- Bloodborne – PS4
- Yoshi’s Woolly World – Wii-U
- Super Mario 3D World – Wii-U
- Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime – PS4
- Brothers: Tale of Two Sons – PC
- Her Story – PC
- Until Dawn – PS4
- Fallout 4 – PS4
- Code: Realize – PSVita
- Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone DLC – PS4
- Read Only Memories – PC
- Dragon Quest Heroes – PS4
- Gone Home – PC
- Amnesia – PSVita
- Hotline Miami 2 – PS4
- Undertale – PC
- Armello – PC
- Technobabylon – PC
- Mad Max – PS4
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain – PS4
- Lost Dimension – PSVita
- Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight – 3DS
- Westerado – PC
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker – PS3
- TMNT: Turtles in Time – SNES
- Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth 2
- Life is Strange: Episodes 1-4 – PS4
- Helldivers – PS4
- Rocket League – PS4
- Jake Hunter: Memories of the Past – NDS
- The Unfinished Swan – PS4
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – PS4
- Invisible, Inc. – PC
- Half Life 2 – PC
- Shadowrun Returns – PC
- Metroid: Zero Mission – GBA
- Analogue: A Hate Story – PC
- Gemini Rue – PC
- Digital: A Love Story – PC
- Diablo III – PC
- Hanachirasu – PC
- Etrian Mystery Dungeon: 3DS
- Never Alone (Kisima Inŋitchuŋa) – PS4
- P.T. – PS4
- Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters – PSVita
- Mother 3 – GBA
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments – PS3
- Monster Hunter 4 – 3DS
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask – 3DS
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater – PS2
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty – PS2
- To The Moon – PC
- Digital Devil Saga 2 – PS2
- Paper Mario – N64
- Starship Damrey – 3DS
- Suikoden – PS1
- Okami – PS3
- Limbo – PC
- Saya no Uta – PC
- Wolfenstein: The New Order – PC
- Tales of Symphonia: Chronicles – PS3
- Catherine – PS3
- Zone of the Enders: 2nd Runner – PS2
- Hotline Miami – PSVita
- Zone of the Enders – PS2
- Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride – NDS
- Famicom Detective Club 2 – SNES
- Braid – PC
- Snatcher – Mega CD
- Final Fantasy Tactics – PSP
- Soul Reaver – PS1
- Bayonetta 2 – Wii-U
- Bayonetta – Wii-U
- Alien: Isolation – PC
- Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium – Megadrive
- Fantasy Life – 3DS
- Super Smash Bros. – 3DS
- Hyrule Warriors – Wii-U
- Danganronpa 2: PSVita
- Metroid Prime – Gamecube
- Transistor – PC
- Virtue’s Last Reward – PSVita
- Torchlight – PC
- Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow – Gameboy Advance
- Megaman 2 – NES
- Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon – N64
- Rebelstar: Tactical Command – Gameboy Advance
- Beneath A Steel Sky – PC
- Portal – PC
- Final Fantasy VI: SNES/PS1
- Civilisation V – PC
- Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars – SNES
- Deus Ex – PC
- Dark Souls – PS3
- Doom – PC
- Another World – PC
- Demon Gaze – PSVita
- Dark Seed – PC
- Child of Light – PS3
- Persona 4 Golden – PSVita
- Deception IV – PSVita
- Short Peace: Ranko Tsukigime’s Longest Day – PS3
- The Stanley Parable – PC
- Steins; Gate – PC
- Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright – 3DS
- Toukiden: PSVita
- Thief (2014) – PC
- Thief 2: The Metal Age – PC
- Danganronpa – PSVita
- Star Ocean: First Departure – PSP
- Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom – PSP
- Sweet Fuse – PSP
- 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors – DS
- Inazuma Eleven -NDS
- Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – PS3
Action RPG by Level 5 and Studio Ghibli.
- Organ Trail – PC
- A Shadow’s Tale/Lost in Shadow – Wii
Quirky platform/puzzle game.
- Sweet Home – NES
First survival horror game.
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies – Nintendo 3DS
Courtroom drama adventure game.
- Pokémon X – Nintendo 3DS
3D pokémon game.
- Earthbound – SNES via Wii-U Virtual Console
Offbeat turn-based RPG which has a cult following.
- The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker HD – Wii U
An enhanced remake of the Gamecube classic.
- Professor Layton and the Diabolical box – DS
Sequel to the first puzzle based adventure, Professor Layton & the Curious Village.
- Drakengard – PS2
Hack n’ Slash action game.
- Grand Theft Auto V – PS3/Xbox 360
Decided to try the series out.
- Silent Hill 2 – PS2
- Final Fantasy IV: Complete – PSP
Turn-based RPG originally on the SNES.
- Tomb Raider – PS3/Xbox 360
Reboot of the “titular” Lara Croft series.
- Ico – PS2
A puzzle adventure by the famous designer Fumito Ueda.
- Killer is Dead – PS3/Xbox 360
Stylised action game by Suda 51’s company.
- The Last of Us – PS3
Survival action by the creators of Uncharted.
- Prince of Persia: Sands of Time – PS2
A remake of the Apple II classic.
- Resident Evil: Deadly Silence – DS
Updated original and remake of Resident Evil.
- FTL: Faster than Light – PC
A space simulation game in the form of a roguelike.
- Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga – PS2
JRPG with dungeon-crawling elements about demons.
- Kirby’s Epic Yarn – Wii
Platformer based around yarn.
- Halo Reach – Xbox 360
Military sc-fi shooter and prequel to first Halo game.
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time – N64
Action-adventure game by Nintendo.
- Incredible Crisis – PS1
Mini-game compilation full of crazy Japanese stuff.
- 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors – DS
Adventure game about a group of people mysteriously stuck on a sinking ship.
- Gunpoint – PC
Stealth-Action Puzzle-platformer with punching.
- Super Metroid – SNES
Action Platformer in an open world environment.
- Metal Gear Solid – PS1
I never played MGS because I never needed to, with everyone playing it all the time, but recently decided to pick it up and give it a go.
- Another Code: Two Memories – DS
Adventure game about a young girl looking for her father.
- Half Life: Source – PC
It took 3 months, but I finally completed it, here is the start of the ongoing series on it.
- Thief – PC
First Person Stealth game.
- Monaco – Steam/XBLA
Stealth Action game with online Co-op focus.
- The Secret of Monkey Island – PC
The original adventure game by Ron Gilbert and Tim Schafer.
- Secret of Mana – SNES
An action RPG by Squaresoft.
- BioShock Infinite – Xbox 360/PS3/PC
First person shooter with RPG elements set in a giant floating city in alternate 1912.
- Dishonoured – Xbox 360/PS3/PC
First-person stealth game by the creators of Bioshock 2. Overall a very underwhelming game, mostly from the story side of things. All the characters were vapid and the plot was primary school level simplicity. But it was a fun game nonetheless.
- Silent Hill – PS1
Picked back up after I gave up at the Hospital. Found this run a lot easier to do, got the Good ending and managed to leave with ample supplies after one of the most conservative runs ever, it was a speedy one too, clocking about 5 hours instead of the average which is about 7.
- Dragon Quest VII – PS1
A turn-based RPG not released in UK, a 3DS remake has recently been announced so I decided to dust off my copy.
- Clocktower – SFC
An adventure horror game unreleased outside of Japan. Great fun, I got a B which I’m pretty damned pleased about.
- Painkiller: Black edition -PC
A Strafe n’ Shoot FPS a bit like Doom. My Steam account graciously states that this took me 28 hours to just finish the game. Is there such a thing as a World Record for getting absurdly awful times on games, whilst still trying?
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Xbox 360/PS3/PC
A Cyberpunk action game with RPG and FPS elements.
- Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon – GBA
A fantasy turn-based strategy RPG, which was rather boring and laughable in places.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /customers/4/b/4/ireofpurgatory.com/httpd.www/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405